Return to program book search
Monday, March 04
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Craig A. Elmets, MD, FAAD
- Lawrence F. Eichenfield, MD, FAAD
- James T. Elder, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Boni E. Elewski, MD, FAAD
- Joel M. Gelfand, MD, MSCE, FAAD
- James G. Krueger, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Kim A. Papp, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Abby S. Van Voorhees, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the current treatment options for psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis in adults and children.
- List new agents that are currently being evaluated as potential therapies for psoriasis, and describe the rationale for their use.
- Manage difficult problems in psoriatic patients including nail disease, psoriasis in pregnancy and the elderly, and those with co-morbid conditions.
This symposium will review the latest approaches to psoriasis. It will address biologic and systemic agents that are currently available to treat moderate to severe psoriasis, as well as new forms of therapy that are not yet approved but are being evaluated in clinical trials. Existing topical therapies and those that are being developed to treat mild disease will also be presented. There will be a discussion of the safety of current therapies, difficult patient problems, including nail and pediatric psoriasis, and the genetics of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis.
- Guidelines of care for the management of psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis (six parts). JAAD 58:826-50,2008; 58:581-64, 2008;60:451-85, 2009;62:114-35, 2010;65:137-74,2011.
- Nestle FO, Kaplan DH, Barker J. Psoriasis. N Engl J Med. 2009 Jul 30;361(5):496-509.
- Lowes MA, Bowcock AM, Krueger JG. Pathogenesis and therapy of psoriasis. Nature 2007;445:866-73.
|Monday, March 04|
|2:00 PM||Nails and Psoriasis / Dr. Elewski|
|2:20 PM||Psoriasis in Pediatric Patients / Dr. Eichenfield|
|2:40 PM||Management of Problem Patients / Dr. Van Voorhees|
|3:00 PM||Genetics of Psoriasis and Psoriatic Arthritis / Dr. Elder|
|3:20 PM||Safety Signals and Systemic Psoriasis Treatment: Fine Tuning the Noise / Dr. Gelfand|
|3:40 PM||Topical Therapy of Psoriasis: Now and in the Future / Dr. Elmets|
|4:00 PM||Current Status of the Management of Moderate to Severe Psoriasis / Dr. Lebwohl|
|4:20 PM||IL-17 and Psoriasis / Dr. Krueger|
|4:40 PM||The Potential of Phosphodiesterase 4 and Janus Kinase Inhibitors in the Management of Moderate to Severe Psoriasis / Dr. Papp|