Return to program book search
Sunday, March 03
Palm Ballroom 2
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Elma D. Baron, MD
- Iltefat H. Hamzavi, MD, FAAD
- Heidi Tewich Jacobe, MD, FAAD
- Jean T. Krutmann, MD
- Henry W. Lim, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Mary S. Matsui, PhD
- Steven Q. Wang, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Utilize photoprotective measures more effectively.
- Treat skin diseases that are responsive to light-based modalities.
- Recognize adverse effects of various wavelengths of light.
This session will provide a greater understanding of the biologic effects not only of ultraviolet light but also of the infrared spectrum, and methods of protecting against their deleterious effects. We will also discuss current approaches in phototherapy in the era of biologics and the potential use of photodynamic therapy as an antimicrobial treatment. A presentation on photodermatology in skin of color is also included.
|Sunday, March 03|
|2:00 PM||Photodermatoses / Dr. Lim|
|2:25 PM||Photoprotection with sunscreens / Dr. Wang|
|2:50 PM||Non-sunscreen photoprotection / Dr. Matsui|
|3:15 PM||Beyond UV: Effects of Infrared Radiation / Dr. Krutmann|
|3:40 PM||Phototherapy in the era of biologics / Dr. Jacobe|
|4:05 PM||Antimicrobial potential of PDT / Dr. Baron|
|4:30 PM||Photodermatology in skin of color / Dr. Hamzavi|