Return to program book search
Cutaneous Tumors Benign & Malignant
Sunday, March 03
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mark A. Russell, MD, FAAD
- Mark Hyde, PA-C
- Nathaniel J. Jellinek, MD, FAAD
- Caroline C. Kim, MD, FAAD
- Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Julia K. Padgett, MD, FAAD
- Julie Powell, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Desiree Ratner, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Aleksandar Sekulic, MD, FAAD
- Christie Travelute, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize various presentations for benign and malignant cutaneous tumors.
- Utilize the current literature to evaluate the potential clinical course of such tumors.
- Develop treatment plans for these conditions based on the best available evidence.
Frequently, practicing dermatologists must recognize and treat benign and malignant cutaneous lesions. In addition, these tumors may have various presentations and associations which complicate diagnosis and treatment. The speakers will attempt to impart to the audience how they approach patients with these conditions. They will share tips to help clinicians recognize these tumors, discuss the current understanding of the origin and biological behavior of these tumors, and present rationales for various proposed treatments. The speakers will reference relevant literature and relate examples from their experiences to illustrate the difficulties and dilemmas these situations may present.
- James W, Berger T, Elston D. Andrews Diseases of the Skin. 11th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier; 2011.
|Sunday, March 03|
|2:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Russell|
|2:05 PM||Melanonychia Striata / Dr. Jellinek|
|2:25 PM||Atypical Nevus / Dr. Kim|
|2:45 PM||Dermatofibrosarcoma Protuberans / Dr. Ratner|
|3:05 PM||Hemangioma / Dr. Powell|
|3:25 PM||Actinic Keratosis / Dr. Lebwohl|
|3:45 PM||Perineural Tumors / Dr. Padgett|
|4:05 PM||Lentigo Maligna / Dr. Bowen|
|4:25 PM||Basal Cell Nevus Syndrome / Dr. Sekulic|
|4:45 PM||Chondrodermatitis Nodularis Chronica Helicis / Dr. Travelute|