Return to program book search
Technology Working for You: Smart Innovations to Modernize Dermatology Practices and Improve Patient Access
Saturday, March 02
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Carrie L. Kovarik, MD, FAAD - Handout
- April W. Armstrong, MD, MPH, FAAD - Handout
- Craig N. Burkhart, MD, FAAD
- David J. Wong, MD, PhD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe efficient, online models of delivering dermatologic care.
- Examine technological innovations and devices that improve diagnostic accuracy and reduce medical errors.
- Evaluate technology innovations critically to determine whether they are appropriate to your practice setting.
Thinking about modernizing your practice? Technology-enabled models of delivering dermatologic care can help improve practice efficiency and improve patient access. In this session, the attendees will recognize efficient, online models of delivering dermatologic care that maximizes practice potential. The strengths and limitations of existing telehealth models and emerging patient-initiated, direct consultations will be examined. Furthermore, the attendees will learn rational and evidence-based technological innovations that improve diagnostic accuracy and reduce medical errors. Finally, attendees will engage in discussions on how to evaluate technology to determine the fit for their practice setting.
- Patient-centered online management of psoriasis: a randomized controlled equivalency trial. J Am Acad Dermatol 2012 Jun;66(6):948-5.
- Health-care delivery methods in teledermatology: consultative, triage and direct-care models. J Telemed Telecare 2011;17(4):214-6.
- Application of mobile teledermatology for skin cancer screening. J Am Acad Dermatol 2012 Jan 11.
|Saturday, March 02|
|2:00 PM||Using Technology to Improve Physician Efficiency / Dr. Burkhart|
|2:30 PM||Evidence or Hype? Updates on Outcomes in Teledermatology / Dr. Armstrong|
|3:00 PM||Using Mobile Technology to Increase Access to Care / Dr. Kovarik|
|3:30 PM||Direct to Consumer Teledermatology / Dr. Wong|