Return to program book search
Friday, March 01
Palm Ballroom 4
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Richard K. Scher, MD, FAAD
- Chris Adigun, MD, FAAD - Handout
- C. Ralph Daniel, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Boni E. Elewski, MD, FAAD
- Nathaniel J. Jellinek, MD, FAAD
- Hillary Johnson-Jahangir, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Dong-Youn Lee, MD, PhD - Handout
- Amy S. Paller, MD, FAAD
- Bianca Maria Piraccini, MD
- Phoebe Rich, MD, FAAD
- Bertrand Richert, MD, PhD
- Demetrios G. Rigopoulos, MD
- Beth S. Ruben, MD, FAAD
- Adam Rubin, MD, FAAD
- Avner Shemer, MD - Handout
- Dana WK Stern, MD
- Nancy E. Thomas, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the genetics of nail unit melanoma.
- Identify the hereditary variants of pachyonychia congenita so as to provide the specialized care this condition requires.
- Compare the aggressive versus conservative approaches in the management of in situ melanoma of the nail.
This session will cover a broad spectrum of nail problems. It will be subdivided into three segments:
1. New and emerging issues in nail diseases.
2. Pro and con presentations regarding controversial issues involving the clinical decision making process.
3. Best cases of the year seen by outstanding nail experts: diagnosis and treatment.
Key subjects to be included are those that require special attention from the clinician including nail melanoma, pachyonychia congenita, innovative nail cosmetic developments, and surgical/pathological implications of treatment choices.
The audience may include dermatologists, non-dermatologists, physician extenders, and ancillary providers treating nail dystrophy.
- Eliason, MJ, Leachman, SA, Feng, BJ, Schwartz, ME, Hansen, CD. Pachyonychia congenita. J Am Acad Dermatol, 2012; Jan 18.
- Miranda, BH, Haughton, DN, Fahmy, FS. Subungual melanoma. J Plas Reconstr Aesthetic Surg, 2012; Mar 23.
- Scher, RK. Nail cosmetics. Cutis, 2012; 89:154-155.
|Friday, March 01|
|2:00 PM||Onychodermis -- Hot Spot Research / Dr. Lee|
|2:10 PM||Pachyonychia Congenita -- Latest Developments / Dr. Paller|
|2:25 PM||Genetics of Nail Melanoma / Dr. Thomas|
|2:40 PM||Gel/Shellac Nails -- Latest Developments / Dr. Adigun|
|2:49 PM||UV and the Nail / Dr. Stern|
|2:58 PM||In Situ Nail Melanoma -- Conservative Removal / Dr. Richert|
|3:10 PM||In Situ Nail Melanoma -- Aggressive removal / Dr. Jellinek|
|3:22 PM||Should Pathologist Input the Clinician on Surgical Approach -- YES / Dr. Ruben|
|3:34 PM||Should Pathologist Input the Clinician on Surgical Approach -- NO / Dr. Rubin|
|3:46 PM||My Best Case / |
|3:53 PM||My Best Case / Dr. Elewski|
|4:00 PM||My Best Case / Dr. Piraccini|
|4:07 PM||My Best Case / Dr. Shemer|
|4:14 PM||My Best Case / Dr. Johnson-Jahangir|
|4:21 PM||My Best Case / Dr. Rigopoulos|
|4:28 PM||My Best Case / Dr. Daniel|
|4:35 PM||My Best Case / Dr. Rich|
|4:44 PM||Questions / All faculty|