Return to program book search
Cutaneous Complications in Oncology & Bone Marrow Transplant Patients
Friday, March 01
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Arturo P. Saavedra, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Rachael Clark, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Jonathan Cotliar, MD, FAAD
- Edward W. Cowen, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Thomas Kupper, MD, FAAD
- Adam D. Lipworth, MD, FAAD
- Haley Naik, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Clark C. Otley, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Formulate a differential diagnosis for cutaneous complaints in bone marrow transplant patients
- Identify common pitfalls in diagnosis and treatment of dermatologic disorders seen in bone marrow transplant patients
- Manage common infectious, inflammatory and neoplastic disorders following bone marrow transplantation
As indications for bone marrow transplantation increase, and more patients are discharged from the academic center to their communities, the role of the dermatologist has increased in the care of these patients. During this session, attendees will be able to generate a differential diagnosis for common presentations of cutaneous disease before, during, and after bone marrow transplantation. Emphasis will be placed on common infectious, inflammatory and neoplastic presentations of both acute transplant and long term survivors. Therapy for these disorders will be reviewed as well as recent developments in basic science relevant to dermatologic disorders.
- Cutaneous graft-versus-host disease-clinical considerations and management. Curr Probl Dermatol 2012;43:101-15.
- Skin infection generates non-migratory memory CD8+ T(RM) cells providing global skin immunity. Nature 2012 Feb 29;483(7388):227-31.
- Clinical differentiation of acute cutaneous graft-versus-host disease from drug hypersensitivity reactions. J Am Acad Dermatol 2011 Oct;65(4):726-32.
|Friday, March 01|
|2:00 PM||Introduction to Bone Marrow Transplantation, Terminology and Indications / Dr. Saavedra-Lauzon|
|2:20 PM||Basic Science and Bone Marrow Transplantation: Two Lymphocyte Populations / Dr. Clark|
|2:40 PM||Cutaneous Indications for Bone Marrow Transplantation / Dr. Kupper|
|3:00 PM||Cutaneous Drug Reactions during Bone Marrow Transplantation / Naik|
|3:25 PM||Infectious Disease / Dr. Lipworth|
|3:50 PM||Acute Graft-versus-host Disease / Dr. Cotliar|
|4:15 PM||Chronic Graft-versus-Host Disease / Dr. Cowen|
|4:40 PM||Cutaneous Malignancy: Medical and Surgical Therapeutics / Dr. Otley|