Return to program book search
Intermediate Cosmetic Surgery
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Monday, March 04
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Naomi Lawrence, MD, FAAD
- Joel Lee Cohen, MD, FAAD
- Sue Ellen Cox, MD, FAAD
- Lisa M. Donofrio, MD, FAAD
- George J. Hruza, MD, FAAD
- Ian A. Maher, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Jason Daniel Marquart, MD, FAAD
- Shari Nemeth, MD, FAAD
- David M. Ozog, MD, FAAD
- Elizabeth Tanzi, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Consider broad range of therapies available for acne scarring and prioritize approach to treatment.
- Improve approach to suturing to maximize cosmetic result.
- Update and refine filler and toxin practices.
This course covers a broad range of topics for the dermatologist interested in cosmetic surgery. There is the wide range of treatments available for acne scarring. A treatment algorithm will be reviewed. New devices and technologies are covered, including how to get the best results with your current device and how to evaluate new devices on the market. Lectures on maximizing the cosmesis and ease of primary closure will be presented. Experts will give their best tips on botulinum toxin injections and practice. Novel areas for soft tissue augmentation will be discussed and enhancing the results of your soft tissue filler practice will be covered.
- Surgery of the Skin, Procedural Dermatology. Robinson et al eds. 2nd ed. Philadelphia: Mosby; 2010.
- Soft Tissue Augmentation. Carruthers et al eds. 2nd ed. London: Saunders,Elsevier;2008.
- Botulinum Toxin. Carruthers et al eds. 2nd ed. London: Saunders,Elsevier; 2008.
|Monday, March 04|
|9:00 AM||introduction / Dr. Lawrence|
|9:05 AM||Acne scarring - My treatment algorithm / Dr. Ozog|
|9:20 AM||Whats new with fat and stem cells / Dr. Marquart|
|9:35 AM||Getting the best result with your lasers/devices / Dr. Tanzi|
|9:50 AM||Insights into adding new lasers and devices to your practice / Dr. Hruza|
|10:05 AM||Questions / Dr. Ozog, Dr. Tanzi, Dr. Marquart, and Dr. Hruza|
|10:15 AM||Suturing - Getting my best results / Dr. Maher|
|10:30 AM||Tips on management of closure obstacles / Dr. Nemeth|
|10:45 AM||Questions / Dr. Maher and Dr. Nemeth|
|10:55 AM||Non-traditional areas for soft tissue augmentation / |
|11:10 AM||Soft tissue fillers Maximizing your fill / Dr. Donofrio|
|11:25 AM||Botulinum toxin - My best tips / Dr. Cohen|
|11:40 AM||Botulinum toxin - My best tips / Dr. Cox|
|11:55 AM||Questions / Dr. Donofrio, Dr. Cohen, and Dr. Cox|