Return to program book search
Live Demonstration: Advanced Botulinum Toxin
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Friday, March 01
Palm Ballroom 2
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Seth L. Matarasso, MD, FAAD
- Leslie Baumann, MD, FAAD
- Fredric S. Brandt, MD
- Jean D.A. Carruthers, MD
- Alastair Carruthers, MD, FAAD
- Jeffrey S. Dover, MD, FAAD
- Derek H. Jones, MD, FAAD
- Stephen Howard Mandy, MD, FAAD
- Mark S. Nestor, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Nowell J. Solish, MD, FAAD
- Susan H. Weinkle, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Recognize the various etiologies of rhytids.
- 2. Select and formulate the appropriate aesthetic treatment plan with the neurotoxins for patients who present for improvement in facial appearance.
- 3. Identify and manage complications and adverse events of procedures involving botulinum toxin.
There are multiple causes of facial wrinkles with a comparable number of treatment options. This course is designed for the advanced practitioner to review the underlying pathology of rhytids and distinguish the difference between static photodamage, muscle hypertrophy and subcutaneous tissue loss. The indications and technique for the safe administration of botulinum toxin for facial cosmesis will be addressed. The rationale and selection criteria for the use of all three of the commercially available toxins will be discussed. This session will include live patient demonstrations of toxins based on the didactic presentations. Audience participation and interaction will be encouraged and practical guidelines regarding toxins will be addressed by the panel.
|Friday, March 01|
|2:00 PM||Welcome and Introduction / Dr. Matarasso|
|2:10 PM||A Tale of Three Toxins: A Comparison of the Commercially Available Neurotoxins / Dr. Carruthers|
|2:25 PM||Unique and Non-FDA Uses of Botulinum Toxin / Dr. Solish|
|2:40 PM||Challenging Cases and Complications / Dr. Carruthers|
|2:55 PM||Maintaining (and Growing) Your Botulinum Toxin Practice in Today's Economy / Dr. Dover|
|3:10 PM||Panfacial Rejuvenation with OnabotulinumtoxinA (Botox) / Dr. Mandy, Dr. Baumann, and Dr. Jones|
|3:45 PM||Panfacial Rejuvenation with AbobotulinumtoxinA (Dysport) / Dr. Nestor and Dr. Weinkle|
|4:20 PM||Panfacial Rejuvenation with IncobotulinumtoxinA (Xeomin) / Dr. Brandt|
|4:55 PM||Questions & Answers / All faculty|