Return to program book search
Lessons for Dermatology from the Tao Te Ching
Thursday, July 28
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Clay J. Cockerell, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Steven Kenneth Shama, MD, MPH, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Provide care that is compassionate, appropriate and effective treatment for health problems and to promote health.
- Commit to carrying out professional responsibilities, adherence to ethical principles and sensitivity to diverse patient populations.
Physicians are faced with many stressors today that place them at risk. This is costly as physicians stress can lead to exercise of poor judgement and medical errors. In this session, suggestions are made on to how to deal with these stressors. A Chinese spiritual text, the Tao Te Ching, will be explored in-depth as a tool physicians can use to deal with stress. The text was written by Lao Tzu around 60 B.C.E. and consists of 81 written messages on how to be more effective in many aspects of life. These will be presented and discussed in this interactive forum.
- Cockerell, Clay J., MD: Castle Biosciences, Inc – C(H); Celgene Corporation – SP(H); Cockerell Dermatology Management, LLC – F(NC); Myriad Genetic Laboratories – C(H); PTV – A(NC); Sensus Healthcare – C(NC); TopMD – F(NC);
- Shama, Steven Kenneth, MD, MPH: Delphin Global – F(NC);