Return to program book search
Negotiating Your Way to Great Leadership
Open admission, no tuition or ticket.
Saturday, August 18
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Jennifer Lucas, MD, FAAD
- David E. Geist, MD, FAAD
- Mary E. Maloney, MD, FAAD
- David Michael Pariser, MD, FAAD
- Stephen P. Stone, MD, FAAD
- Rochelle R. Torgerson, MD, PhD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Demonstrate effective negotiation skills
- Recognize the perspective of others involved in the negotiation process; use alternative approaches to reach an optimal outcome.
- Identify skills that make participation in a team more productive
We are constantly in the act of negotiating. In all aspects of our lives, whatever the setting, we apply the art of negotiating to strengthen our positions, forge compromise and ultimately to get things done. In this symposium, we will present and illustrate skills of effective negotiation that can be utilized in all realms of life. We will move beyond a negotiation of position and wills, to one of forging a mutually agreeable outcome while still maintaining our own interest and preserving relationships. We also demonstrate logistics of when and where to negotiate things such as salary, support, and contracts, as well as how to deal with a difficult negotiator and/or when to walk away.
Join our panel of experts to learn from experience how to be an effective negotiator and "get the job done."
- Fisher R, Ury W, Patton B. Getting to yes negotiating agreement without giving in. 3rd ed. New York: Penguin Books, 2011.
|Saturday, August 18|
|2:00 PM||The Art & Pitfalls of Negotiation / Dr. Lucas|
|2:30 PM||Organizations/Teams / Dr. Stone|
|3:00 PM||Salaries & Contracts / Dr. Geist|
|3:30 PM||Accountable Care Organizations & Insurance / Dr. Pariser|
|4:00 PM||Negotiating Up/Negotiating Without Power / Dr. Torgerson|
|4:30 PM||What To Do When You Lose / Dr. Maloney|