Return to program book search
Finessing Surgical Technique
Open admission, no tuition or ticket.
Saturday, August 18
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
David M. Ozog, MD, FAAD
- Brett M. Coldiron, MD, FAAD
- Kristina M. Collins, MD, FAAD
- Emily J. Fisher, MD, FAAD
- Hayes B. Gladstone, MD, FAAD
- Iltefat H. Hamzavi, MD, FAAD
- Christopher James Miller, MD, FAAD
- Victor Allen Neel, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Emily Tierney, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Demonstrate simple yet essential surgical techniques to achieve optimal cosmetic and functional outcomes.
- Utilize proper surgical instruments and materials to enhance healing and repair outcomes.
- Assess common mistakes made when coding for surgical procedures and how to avoid them.
This session provides essential surgical pearls for the general dermatologist and intermediate dermatological surgeon. A myriad of topics will be discussed including tips for anesthesia, lasers, optimizing suturing techniques and wound eversion, as well as the best use of surgical instruments, wound dressings and suture materials. Practical topics will be discussed including surgical coding and tips to avoid and treat wound complications.
|Saturday, August 18|
|9:00 AM||Painless Anesthesia to Pulley Sutures: Our Residents Favorite Techniques / Dr. Ozog|
|9:18 AM||Instruments That Can Add "Harmony" To Your Busy Surgical Day / Dr. Tierney|
|9:36 AM||Don't Let Yourself "Walk Through The Valley" - How To Master Eversion / Dr. Miller|
|9:54 AM||Questions And Answers / Dr. Ozog, Dr. Tierney, and Dr. Miller|
|10:00 AM||Keeping The "Dog Ear" On Your Pet - Not Your Patient / Dr. Collins|
|10:18 AM||Essential "West Coast" Suturing Techniques: Beyond The Simple Interrupted Stitch / Dr. Gladstone|
|10:36 AM||Essential "East Coast" Suturing Techniques: Beyond The Simple Interrupted Stitch / Dr. Neel|
|10:54 AM||Questions And Answers / Dr. Gladstone, Dr. Neel, and Dr. Collins|
|11:00 AM||Beyond "Star Wars": Tips To Maximize Lasers In Your Practice / Dr. Hamzavi|
|11:18 AM||"Good Closures Gone Bad" - A Short Story Of Blood, Pus, And Tears / Dr. Fisher|
|11:36 AM||I Can Get Paid For That? Tips To Optimize Surgical Coding / Dr. Coldiron|
|11:54 AM||Questions And Answers / Dr. Fisher, Dr. Hamzavi, and Dr. Coldiron|