Return to program book search
What's Hot in Pediatric Dermatology
Open admission, no tuition or ticket.
Thursday, August 16
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Nanette Blythe Silverberg, MD, FAAD
- Kelly M. Cordoro, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Marilyn Grace Liang, MD, FAAD
- Sheilagh M. Maguiness, MD, FAAD
- Jonathan I Silverberg, MD, PhD, MPH, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify new concepts in vascular birthmarks and learn new therapeutic regimens
- 2) Incorporate current epidemiologic information and treatment strategies into clinical practice.
- Recognize newer skin diseases and improve therapeutic regimens children of color
In the past few years a variety of newer issues have arisen in pediatric dermatology including a better understanding of infantile hemangiomas, psoriasis and atopic dermatitis. The role of obesity, environment, race and ethnicity on skin disease is becoming clearer. This session will explore newer epidemiologic and therapeutic concepts in pediatric skin care to aid the practitioner in incorporating practical therapeutic regimens in the care of their pediatric patients.
- Bhutani T, Kamangar F, Cordoro KM. Management of Pediatric Psoriasis. Pediatr Ann. 2012;41:e1-e7
- Silverberg JI, Kleiman E, Lev-Tov H, Silverberg NB, Durkin HG, Joks R, Smith-Norowitz TA. Association between obesity and atopic dermatitis in childhood: a case-control study. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2011;127:1180-6.
- Nanette B. Silverberg Pediatric Dermatology in Children of Color. Access Dermatology 2010. http://www.accessdermatology.com/core-papers/2010/8/pediatric-dermatology-in-children-of-color.aspx.aspx, accessed February 6, 2012
|Thursday, August 16|
|2:00 PM||Vascular Anomalies: Red, White, Blue, What's new / Dr. Liang|
|2:40 PM||Pediatric Psoriasis: Updates and Treatment Pearls / Dr. Cordoro|
|3:15 PM||What's New in Atopic Dermatitis: Novel Risk Factors and Comorbidities / Dr. Silverberg|
|3:50 PM||Children of Color: Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed, Something Blue / Dr. Silverberg|
|4:25 PM||Spitz tumors, what's new in diagnosis and management? / Dr. Maguiness|