By Terrence Cronin Jr., MD, FAAD
I’m delighted to announce new initiatives involving the Academy’s monthly audio journal Dialogues in Dermatology. Starting this month, we’re partnering with the JAAD on a series of free recordings featuring authors of important articles. In addition, in June, we released an entire complimentary issue of Dialogues in Dermatology that focuses on patient safety.
Since becoming Dialogues’ editor-in-chief a year ago, I've recognized educational power that personalization brings to our interviews. With this in mind, our Dialogues’ and JAAD team has been working to develop a synergistic and personalized program that will allow us to interview the authors behind the current articles featured in the JAAD. Our hope is that these interviews will help members recognize the practical applications of current research and timely information about the specialty. We are offering these recordings at no charge to Academy members.
Currently, we’re recording with authors of articles in the June issue of JAAD
As I mentioned, in June, we published a complimentary edition of Dialogues in Dermatology on patient safety. The edition features the following interviews:
- Keeping Patient Safety in Mind: Tami Cassis, MD, and Alice Watson, MD, interviewed by Jeremy Moss, MD.
- Surgical and Procedural Safety: Joseph Sobanko, MD, interviewed by Gary Brauner, MD.
- A Team Approach to Patient Safety and Quality Care: Kelly C. Nelson, MD, interviewed by Steven Shama, MD.
In coming months, we will be working on improving the functionality and accessibility of Dialogues in Dermatology. We are investigating developing an app that would make subscribing easier than ever before. We’ve also launched a Facebook page as a fun way to keep subscribers up to date on Dialogues topics and other news relevant to the specialty.
Become a subscriber
Dialogues in Dermatology is a monthly audio subscription program that has been providing dermatologists with quality, cutting-edge medical information for more than 35 years. Subscribers listen at their convenience, complete a quiz, and can earn up to 2 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per issue. Dialogues in Dermatology subscriptions can be ordered through the AAD Store. You can listen to the audio files on CD or directly on the website, download them, or sync them to your MP3 player.
A monthly subscription includes:
- Quick and convenient interview segments with topic-specific experts.
- Monthly quizzes to test your knowledge.
- A binder for easy storage of CDs and quizzes (CD subscription only).
- Access to transcripts of the interview and the editor-in-chief's commentary (Online subscription only).
Individual issues of Dialogues in Dermatology
are available for purchase. Search issues here
Dr. Cronin is the editor-in-chief of Dialogues in Dermatology and a Mohs surgeon.
• Dialogues in Dermatology subscriber access
• Dialogues in Dermatology quizzes
• Dialogues in Dermatology Facebook page