Q: Now that the ICD-10 deadline has been moved to 2015, will I still be able to use the ICD-10 products I've already purchased?
A: A delay in ICD-10 implementation was included as a provision in the recently-enacted Protecting Access to Medicare Act, (HR 4302). The new deadline for ICD-10 implementation is Oct. 1, 2015.
The Academy is actively compiling information on new claims testing opportunities for members. In addition, in the coming weeks, the Academy will revise content in our ICD-10 resource center to help members prepare for the new implementation deadline.
The Academy has received many inquiries from members about the new ICD-10 implementation deadline and the relevancy of products purchased to meet the former deadline. Some frequently asked questions are listed below.
- Is the bill that delays ICD-10 Implementation final?
- Yes. A delay in ICD-10 implementation has been included as a provision in the Protecting Access to Medicare Act, (HR 4302) which was passed by both the U.S. House of Representatives, the Senate, and signed into law by President Obama.
- The new deadline for ICD-10 implementation is Oct. 1, 2015.
- Will I still be able to use the ICD-10 products I have already purchased from AAD?
- Yes. All information in AAD products related to ICD-10 compliance is still applicable, in spite of the change in the compliance deadline.
- The 2014 Coding and Documentation Manual chapter on ICD-10 is not expected to change. You can still use this manual to begin familiarizing yourself with the new coding structure and creating new superbills.
- The 3-Part ICD-10-CM On-Demand Webinar Series information will remain the same for implementation in 2015. The only information contained within the webcasts that is incorrect is the implementation date itself.
- The ICD-9 to ICD-10 Crosswalk information will remain the same for 2015.
- Will I be able to receive a refund for ICD-10 products I have already purchased?
- If you have purchased ICD-10 products, they can still be used to prepare for implementation. Nothing has changed except for the deadline for compliance.
- If still looking to return, the Academy’s refund policy is:
- You may return products for any reason for a full refund within 30 days of receiving your shipment if the items are in their original condition and unopened. CD-ROMs and publications with CD-ROMs included in them, once opened, cannot be returned. Original packing slip/invoice must be included with all returns/exchanges.
- Learn more about the Academy's refund policy.
- The Academy’s Member Resource Center (MRC) is available to answer your questions Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. (CT). Contact us toll free at (866) 503-SKIN (7546). International (847) 240-1280.
- Submit your inquiry online and a member resource representative will contact you. You can also email us at MRC@aad.org.