The AAD offers grants to dermatology residents, fellows, or young dermatologists (within five years of completing residency) from the United States and Canada for travel to dermatology meetings in Asia, Europe, and Latin America. The program offers participants an opportunity to meet foreign colleagues and establish long-lasting professional relationships.
Grant information: Each program has different requirements and provisions. Get details about 2017 meetings under the Opportunities tab below.
The application is now closed.
- Maximum of two applicants per residency program.
- One applicant per residency program per international meeting.
- One year of of training or more must be completed by the time of the meeting.
- Individuals may receive an International Society Travel Grant only once during their careers.
- Residency program directors must provide applicants with a signed letter of recommendation (PDF preferred format), to be attached to online applications, which indicates approval of time off for society meetings.
- Prior to applying, all potential scheduling conflicts must be resolved to avoid taking the opportunity away from other applicants.
- No deferrals permitted. Eligible applicants may reapply the following year if unable to accept scholarship