After this symposium, the attendee should be able to:
- Compare and contrast the different types of dermatology practice models.
- Negotiate contracts for both academic and private practice settings.
- Apply updated information and knowledge about dermatology coding policies and procedures, including ICD-10.
- Identify which electronic health record systems and technology will meet their practice needs.
- Delineate best practices in hiring employees and maintaining low overhead in private practice.
- Restate strategies for planning for the future as a practicing dermatologist from the first day of finishing residency to saving for retirement.
Designed for second- and third-year graduate member dermatology residents of the AAD, the Practice Management Symposium for Residents provides a balanced overview of the business side of dermatology.