Goals and objectives
The purpose of this module is to help medical students develop a clinical approach to the evaluation and initial management of patients who present with cutaneous drug eruptions.
After completing this module, the learner should be able to:
- Describe the morphology of common drug eruptions.
- List key features of drug-induced hypersensitivity syndrome (DIHS), Stevens-Johnson syndrome (SJS) and toxic epidermal necrolysis (TEN).
- Describe initial steps in the management of drug eruptions.
- Recognize when to refer a patient with a drug eruption to a dermatologist.
Download the module
- Drug reactions (To open, click Read Only when prompted for a password)