Goals and objectives
The purpose of this module is to help medical students develop a systematic approach to the skin exam and highlight the importance of examining the entire cutaneous surface.
After completing this module, the learner should be able to:
- Discuss the key questions that make up a dermatologic history.
- Explain the indications for a total body skin exam.
- Recognize the need for patient comfort and modesty during this examination.
- List the tools that can improve the quality of your skin examination.
- Develop a systematic approach to the total-body skin exam.
Download the module
- The skin exam (To open, click Read Only when prompted for a password)
Download related videos