- Annual meeting events
Annual Meeting activities are organized and targeted specifically to international members and attendees. They include the following:
- The International Scholarship Dinner and Reception
Recipients of AAD Annual Meeting scholarships are invited to a reception and dinner to honor their accomplishments and to meet members of the International Affairs Committee, World Congress Fund Review Task Force, Academy leaders and colleagues from around the world. The scholarships increase the quality of dermatologic education, disseminate research throughout the world and provide educational opportunities to international dermatologists.
- The International Member Reception
Hosted by the International Affairs Committee to welcome International members to the Academy's Annual Meeting, the reception provides an excellent opportunity for Academy members from around the world to network and build valuable professional relationships with colleagues, members of the host committee and Academy leadership.
- Travel resources
Use the following resources to make planning your trip easier.
- Volunteers Abroad course
- The Volunteers Abroad course offers dermatologists interested in volunteering abroad a chance to prepare.
There are different courses at the Annual and Summer Academy Meetings focused on international volunteerism. Please review the Annual Academy Meeting Program to search for the different courses taking place.
- Scholarships, grants, and volunteer opportunities
The following opportunities are available to international participants.
Scholarships and grants:
Academy committees and task forces:
- Education and Volunteers Abroad Committee
- International Affairs Committee
- World Congress Fund Review Task Force