Return to program book search
What's Boiling Over: Atopic Dermatitis & Other Eczematous Conditions
Saturday, August 03
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Peter A. Lio, MD, FAAD
- April W. Armstrong, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Jennifer S. Kim, MD - Handout
- Sheilagh M. Maguiness, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Review the NIAID food allergy guidelines and their relevance to atopic dermatitis care.
- Discuss the differential diagnosis and appropriate management of severe infantile eczema.
- Recognize the appropriate use of systemic therapy and some alternative therapies in atopic dermatitis.
This forum will update the learner on advances in the diagnosis and management of patients with atopic dermatitis and related conditions. We will specifically address the significance of food allergy guidelines and how they relate to eczema patients, the unique challenges presented by patients with severe eczematous eruptions, the role of patch testing and contact allergy in atopic patients, and the appropriate use of systemic therapy. We will also briefly discuss alternative medicines in atopic dermatitis, including traditional Chinese medicine.
|Saturday, August 03|
|3:00 PM||Updates in Research / Dr. Lio|
|3:20 PM||The Role of Allergy in Atopic Dermatitis / Dr. Kim|
|3:40 PM||Optimizing Topical Regimens: Updates & Pearls / Dr. Armstrong|
|4:00 PM||Severe and Refractory Eczema: What Now? / Dr. Maguiness|
|4:20 PM||Alternative and Complementary Medicines in Eczema / Dr. Lio|
|4:40 PM||Summary and Questions / All faculty|