Return to program book search
Live Demonstration: Botulinum Toxin & Fillers
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Thursday, August 01
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Ellen S. Marmur, MD, FAAD
- Michael E. Eidelman, MD, FAAD
- Ellen C. Gendler, MD, FAAD
- Gervaise l. Gerstner, MD, FAAD
- David J. Goldberg, MD, JD, FAAD
- Elizabeth K. Hale, MD, FAAD
- Rosemarie Ingleton, MD, FAAD
- Kavita Mariwalla, MD, FAAD
- Susan H. Weinkle, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the various etiologies of rhytids in different facial compartments.
- Select and formulate the appropriate aesthetic treatment plan with the neurotoxins for patients who present for improvement in facial appearance.
- Identify and manage complications and adverse events of procedures involving botulinum toxin.
Each facial compartment at each different age group requires different strategies of rejuvenation. This course is designed for the advanced practitioner to review the underlying pathology of rhytids and distinguish the difference between static photo-damage, muscle hypertrophy and subcutaneous tissue loss. The indications and technique for the safe administration of botulinum toxin for facial cosmesis will be addressed. The rationale and selection criteria for the use of all three of the commercially available toxins will be discussed. The session will include live patient demonstrations of toxins based on the didactic presentations. Audience participation and interaction will be encouraged and practical guidelines regarding toxins will be addressed by the panel.
|Thursday, August 01|
|2:00 PM||Welcome and Introduction / Dr. Marmur|
|2:10 PM||Rejuvenation of the Forehead / Dr. Goldberg|
|2:30 PM||Rejuvenation of the Mouth / Dr. Ingleton|
|2:50 PM||Rejuvenation of the Mid-Face / Dr. Gerstner|
|3:10 PM||Rejuvenation of the Eyes / Dr. Gendler|
|3:30 PM||Rejuvenation of the Jaw-line and Neck / Dr. Weinkle|
|3:50 PM||Injecting the Male Patient (“Brotox”) / Dr. Eidelman|
|4:10 PM||Injecting the Young Patient (Age: ~30s) / Dr. Mariwalla|
|4:30 PM||Injecting the Mature Patient (Age: ~80s-90s) / Dr. Hale|
|4:50 PM||Questions and Answers / All faculty|