Return to program book search
Navigating Office Politics: Private Practice, Academics and Everything in Between
Thursday, August 01
7:30 AM - 9:00 AM
Seemal Desai, MD, FAAD
- Neal D. Bhatia, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Joseph S. Eastern, MD, FAAD
- Steven Kenneth Shama, MD, MPH, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify skill set for understanding and navigating organizations.
- Recognize the importance of establishing and maintaining collaborative relationships.
- Utilize those relationships to build alliances throughout the organization.
Success in any role requires understanding the political nature of the organization, whether it be an academic setting, an office, or within organized medicine. We will discuss the importance of building and maintaining collaborative relationships that will help you navigate the politics in your day-to-day practice settings. Our speakers bring experience that will demonstrate political skills and how the finesse of utilizing those skills has helped them succeed as leaders in those settings.