Return to program book search
Dermatoethics Consultations: Cases and Controversies
Monday, March 24
3:30 PM - 5:30 PM
Lionel Gordon Bercovitch, MD, FAAD
- Jane Margaret Grant-Kels, MD, FAAD
- Clifford S. Perlis, MD, FAAD
- Benjamin Stoff, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify and manage potential ethical pitfalls and conflicts of interest
- Develop skills to critically analyze ethical and professional dilemmas using basic principles of bioethics
- Recognize and evaluate potential ethical dilemmas that occur in everyday office and academic dermatology practice and training.
The presenters will each discuss a case or topic based on a contemporary ethical dilemma relevant to everyday office or academic practice or residency training. There will be ample time for discussion and dialogue with audience members. Emphasis will be on critical analysis of each situation using basic bioethical principles to arrive at a satisfactory resolution.