Return to program book search
High Yield "Power Hour" for Residents
Sunday, March 23
Mile High Ballroom 2B
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Harley A. Haynes, MD, FAAD
- Elizabeth A. Buzney, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Adam D. Lipworth, MD, FAAD
- Tina Rakkhit Nandi, MD, FAAD
- Jennifer Tan, MD, FAAD
- Ruth Ann Vleugels, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Examine pearls and measure competency in high-yield topics.
- Discuss key topics in dermatology, including drugs used in dermatology, infectious disease dermatology, allergic contact dermatitis, basement membrane disorders, and pediatric dermatology.
- Demonstrate comprehension through multiple choice questions.
This forum is designed for dermatology residents who seek to achieve a comfort level with five high-yield topics encountered during training. Image-based learning will focus on: 1) mechanisms of action and side effects of systemic dermatologic therapies, 2) infectious disease dermatology, 3) allergens associated with contact dermatitis, 4) inherited and immunobullous disorders of the epidermal basement membrane, and 5) key concepts in pediatric and neonatal dermatology. Multiple choice questions will highlight take-home pearls. These sessions are popular among residents at our institution.
|Sunday, March 23|
|1:00 PM||Introduction / Dr. Haynes|
|1:05 PM||Pediatric Dermatology / Dr. Tan|
|1:25 PM||Autoimmune & Inherited Blistering Diseases of the Basement Membrane Zone / Dr. Nandi|
|1:45 PM||Infectious Disease Dermatology / Dr. Lipworth|
|2:05 PM||Contact Dermatitis / Dr. Buzney|
|2:25 PM||Pharmacology / Dr. Vleugels|
|2:45 PM||Q&A / All faculty|