Return to program book search
Careers in Academic Dermatology
Saturday, March 22
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Daniela Kroshinsky, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Murad Alam, MD, FAAD
- April W. Armstrong, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Isaac Brownell, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Joi B. Carter, MD, FAAD
- Oscar Colegio, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Amit Garg, MD, FAAD
- Carrie L. Kovarik, MD, FAAD
- Julie V. Schaffer, MD, FAAD
- Gideon Smith, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Explore the many possibilities for careers in academic dermatology.
- Discuss the varied paths to different career options through an interactive panel.
- Gain career pearls and learn from our experiences, both positive and negative.
This session will utilize a physician panel to explore careers in academic dermatology. Representatives will cover complex medical and pediatric dermatology, inpatient dermatology, dermatopathology, procedural and cosmetic dermatology, careers in clinical and basic science research, teledermatology, global health, clinical trials, cutaneous oncology, and rheumatologic dermatology as well as publishing and editing articles and textbooks and administrative roles such as program directorship, multidisciplinary clinics and establishing and running a department.