Return to program book search
Tuesday, March 25
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Robert J. Friedman, MD
- Clay J. Cockerell, MD, FAAD - Handout
- James M. Grichnik, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Allan C. Halpern, MD, FAAD
- Robert H. Johr, MD, FAAD
- Darrell S. Rigel, MD, FAAD
- Howard Wooding Rogers, MD, FAAD
- Julie V. Schaffer, MD, FAAD
- Susan M. Swetter, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Apply, identify and properly assess the known risk factors for cancers of the skin and be able to identify the many faces of melanoma in adults and children.
- Define the importance of the dermatopathologist in the assessment of the patient with skin cancer; identify and understand the use of new tools in the diagnosis of skin cancer.
- Identify the causative agents acting in the development of skin cancer; describe the steps involved in the management of melanoma; understand the management of advanced melanoma in 2014.
There is no more important aspect of clinical dermatology than that of the timely identification and management of the patient with skin cancer. During the past decade, the role of the dermatologist has expanded from that of the diagnostician to that of the comprehensive diagnostician, pathologist and surgeon. This symposium is designed to provide the most up-to-date information on all aspects of the diagnosis and management of cancers of the skin with a particular emphasis on that of malignant melanoma.
- Rigel, DS, et. al., eds., Cancer of the Skin, 2nd ed. Philadelphia, Elsevier; February, 2011.
- Recent advances in cutaneous melanoma: towards a molecular model and targeted treatment. Australas J Dermatol 2013 Aug;54(3):163-72.
|Tuesday, March 25|
|9:00 AM||Cutaneous Oncology Introduction / Dr. Friedman|
|9:07 AM||Epidemiology- Melanoma and Non-Melanoma Skin Cancers 2014 / Dr. Rogers|
|9:07 AM||The Importance of the Dermatopathologist in Cutaneous Oncology / Dr. Cockerell|
|9:37 AM||What are the causative agents associated with the development of skin cancer? / Dr. Rigel|
|9:52 AM||The Sun, the moon and the stars and the Many Faces of Melanoma / Dr. Friedman|
|10:09 AM||Q & A / |
|10:22 AM||Dermatoscopy- 2014 / Dr. Johr|
|10:40 AM||A Paradigm change in the assisted diagnosis of Melanoma- NEW TOOLS 2014 / Dr. Grichnik|
|10:57 AM||The Management of the Melanoma Patient / Dr. Swetter|
|11:19 AM||Melanoma in Children / Dr. Schaffer|
|11:33 AM||Advanced Melanoma- Amazing Therapeutic Changes- 2014 / Dr. Halpern|
|11:50 AM||Q&A / |