Return to program book search
What's New and What's True in Lasers
Monday, March 24
Four Seasons Ballroom 2/3
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Kristen Marie Kelly, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Richard Rox Anderson, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Mathew M. Avram, MD, FAAD
- Roy G. Geronemus, MD, FAAD
- Kathryn Lee Serowka Lane, MD
- Nathan S. Uebelhoer, DO, FAAD
- Jill S. Waibel, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe issues of bias and barriers to optimal use of devices in laser surgery.
- Identify new devices and techniques for common cutaneous laser uses.
- Evaluate the utility of traditional and new laser surgery techniques.
What's New and What's True in Lasers will explore evaluation of new devices as well as innovative uses of devices that have been available. Speakers with both clinical and research experience will share their expertise on topics including: tattoo removal, laser assisted delivery, body contouring, fractional resurfacing, scar therapy and treatment of vascular lesions. The topics are traditional laser surgery indications but novel cutting edge approaches will be highlighted and discussion will be encouraged.
|Monday, March 24|
|9:00 AM||Introduction / |
|9:05 AM||Present and Future Laser Dermatology / Dr. Anderson|
|9:30 AM||Discussion/Comments / Dr. Anderson|
|9:35 AM||Tattoo Removal: Innovation Finally Here! / Dr. Geronemus|
|9:50 AM||Discussion/Comments / Dr. Geronemus|
|9:55 AM||Laser Assisted Delivery: Using Laser Channels to Disrupt the Cutaneous Barrier / Dr. Waibel|
|10:10 AM||Discussion/Comments / Dr. Waibel|
|10:15 AM||Body Contouring: Old and New...What's True and What's Not / Dr. Avram|
|10:30 AM||Discussion/Comments / Dr. Avram|
|10:35 AM||Innovative Uses of Fractional Resurfacing / Serowka|
|10:50 AM||Discussion/Comments / Serowka|
|10:55 AM||State-of-the-Art Scar Therapy / Dr. Uebelhoer|
|11:10 AM||Discussion/Comments / Dr. Uebelhoer|
|11:15 AM||Laser Treatment of Vascular Lesions: Newest Techniques for the Oldest Indication / Dr. Kelly|
|11:30 AM||Discussion/Comments / All faculty|