Return to program book search
Consultative Dermatology for the Hospitalized Patient
Saturday, March 22
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Lindy Peta Fox, MD, FAAD
- Jonathan Cotliar, MD, FAAD
- Lauren C. Hughey, MD, FAAD
- Daniela Kroshinsky, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Misha Rosenbach, MD, FAAD
- Julie V. Schaffer, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify common and uncommon cutaneous manifestations of systemic diseases as they present in the hospitalized patient with skin disease.
- Recognize typical and atypical presentations of infections (viral, bacterial, fungal) in the hospitalized patient.
- Develop a working differential diagnosis, management plan, and treatment algorithm for hospitalized patients with skin disease.
In this session, attendees will learn about common and uncommon cutaneous manifestations of inflammatory, infectious and neoplastic diseases in the hospitalized patient. Information will be delivered in a case-based format, with an emphasis on high-yield learning and practice points that are not necessarily available in the literature or textbooks. The ultimate goal of this session is to empower the audience with the knowledge and tools to more effectively and confidently manage cutaneous diseases in hospitalized patients.
|Saturday, March 22|
|2:00 PM||Viral Infections in Hospitalized Patients / Dr. Rosenbach|
|2:25 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Rosenbach|
|2:30 PM||Gram-negative Infections / Dr. Cotliar|
|2:55 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Cotliar|
|3:00 PM||Drug Eruption Pearls / Dr. Hughey|
|3:25 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Hughey|
|3:30 PM||Purpura Pearls / Dr. Fox|
|3:55 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Fox|
|4:00 PM||Calciphylaxis / Dr. Kroshinsky|
|4:25 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Kroshinsky|
|4:30 PM||Inpatient Pediatric Dermatology / Dr. Schaffer|
|4:55 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Schaffer|