Return to program book search
Saturday, March 22
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Richard K. Scher, MD, FAAD
- C. Ralph Daniel, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Philip Fleckman, MD, FAAD
- Mahmoud A. Ghannoum, PhD
- Nathaniel J. Jellinek, MD, FAAD
- Joseph L. Jorizzo, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Christopher James Miller, MD, FAAD
- Demetrios G. Rigopoulos, MD
- Adam Rubin, MD, FAAD
- Avner Shemer, MD - Handout
- Bardur Sigurgeirsson, MD
- Robert Silverman, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify nail signs of systemic disease
- Recognize onychomycoses with poor prognosis
- Identify solutions for problem cases.
This session will cover the important topic of nail signs of systemic disease with special attention to connective tissue disorders. The clues necessary to determine, in advance, those cases of onychomycosis likely to respond to conventional therapy will be clarified. Similarly, those patients who will be resistant will also be identified in order to assist the clinician to decide the optimal therapeutic regimen. An update on approaches to pediatric nail disease will be featured to adjust management in children as compared to adults. Finally, a summary of new and creative techniques for nail surgery will be presented.
- Chavez-Lopez et al. Muehrcke's lines associated to active rheumatoid arthritis. J Clin Rheumatol 2013.
- Belyayeva et al. Impact of nail disorders on quality of life. Eur J Dermatol 2013.
- Lamb et al. Frequency of onychomycosis in renal failure patients undergoing dialysis. Acta Dermatovenereol Croat.
|Saturday, March 22|
|9:00 AM||Introductory comments / Dr. Scher|
|9:05 AM||Keynote 1. Nail Signs of Systemic Disease / Dr. Jorizzo|
|9:30 AM||Keynote 2. Onychomycosis: Advance Prediction of Treatment Failure / Dr. Sigurgeirsson|
|9:55 AM||Nail Surgery Update / Dr. Miller|
|10:10 AM||Onychomycosis: Definition of Cure / Dr. Ghannoum|
|10:25 AM||Longitudinal Erythronychia: What is it and what to do about it? / Dr. Jellinek|
|10:40 AM||Pediatric Nail Disorders Update / Dr. Silverman|
|10:55 AM||Comparative Anatomy of Mouse and Human Nails: Future Clinical Implications / Dr. Fleckman|
|11:10 AM||Nail Pathology Pearls / Dr. Rubin|
|11:18 AM||Nail Psoriasis Pearls / Dr. Rigopoulos|
|11:26 AM||Nail Fungus Pearls / Dr. Shemer|
|11:34 AM||Paronychia Pearls / Dr. Daniel|
|11:42 AM||Q & A / All faculty|