Return to program book search
Friday, March 21
Four Seasons Ballroom 1
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Sancy A. Leachman, MD, PhD, FAAD - Handout
- Clara N. Curiel-Lewandrowski, MD - Handout
- Pedram Gerami, MD, FAAD - Handout
- David J. Goldberg, MD, JD, FAAD - Handout
- Douglas Grossman, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Darrell S. Rigel, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Susan M. Swetter, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Hensin Tsao, MD, PhD, FAAD
- John Vetto, MD - Handout
- Oliver J. Wisco, DO, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize state-of-the-art methods for prevention and diagnosis of melanoma, including new technologies being developed for early detection, new sunscreen technologies and up-and-coming chemoprevention agents for melanoma.
- Determine if their practice is in compliance with national, legal, and quality standards of care for melanoma.
- Examine the important opportunities available to enhance melanoma care through participation in multidisciplinary teams and appropriate referral to surgical and medical oncology.
Recent progress in melanoma prevention, detection, and treatment has been remarkable. Along with new methods, technologies, and therapies comes the need for multidisciplinary expertise and evidence-based guidelines. Dermatologists are challenged to identify melanomas and provide up-to-date, valid information on sunscreens and prevention strategies. Simultaneously, dermatologists are frequently diagnosing melanoma and must refer appropriately to surgical and medical oncology. This symposium brings together a world-renowned faculty to present cutting-edge prevention, detection, and treatment strategies, and technologies to enhance our capacities for care. These advances will be explored in the context of current national standards of practice and a multidisciplinary approach.
|Friday, March 21|
|2:15 PM||Technology & prevention: Smart phones, imaging devices and more / Dr. Curiel-Lewandrowski|
|2:30 PM||Sunscreen Update / Dr. Rigel|
|2:45 PM||Chemoprevention agents: Which are the most promising? / Dr. Grossman|
|3:00 PM||A brave new world of molecular pathology: What do these tests mean for the practicing dermatologist? / Dr. Gerami|
|3:15 PM||Questions & Answers: When does cutting-edge become state-of-the-art? / All faculty|
|3:30 PM||Adherence to National Melanoma Guidelines: Closing the Practice Gap / Dr. Swetter|
|3:45 PM||Legal Considerations / Dr. Goldberg|
|4:00 PM||Quality Indicators in Melanoma: The Data / Dr. Wisco|
|4:15 PM||Question & Answers: What Constitutes Standard of Care for Melanoma? / All faculty|
|4:30 PM||Working with Your Surgical Oncologist / Dr. Vetto|
|4:45 PM||Targets and therapies: Beyond BRAF / Dr. Tsao|
|4:55 PM||Questions & Answers: How does a multidisciplinary team enhance melanoma care? / All faculty|