Return to program book search
Non-Infectious Granulomatous Disease
Tuesday, March 05
1:00 PM - 3:00 PM
Joseph C. English, III, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Alison June Bruce, MBChB, FAAD
- Emily Keimig, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Misha Rosenbach, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Julie V. Schaffer, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Differentiate the clinical differences between the non-infectious granulomatous diseases (NIGD).
- Describe the systemic diseases associated with NIGD.
- Develop a therapeutic algorithmic approach for NIGD.
The spectrum of non-infectious granulomatous disease (NIGD) includes entities which can present clinical, histological and treatment challenges to dermatologists. These diseases range from relatively well understood diseases such as sarcoidosis, to conditions with substantial confusion and significant overlap, such as interstitial granulomatous dermatitis (IGD) and palisaded neutrophilic granulomatous dermatitis (PNGD). We will discuss the etiology, clinical/histological presentations, systemic manifestations, evidence based therapeutics and prognosis of selected NIGDs. The session will discuss Sarcoidosis, Orofacial Granulomatosis, Cutaneous Crohn's, Granuloma Annulare, and the Reactive Granulomatous Dermatitides (IGD, PNGD).
|Tuesday, March 05|
|1:00 PM||Sarcoidosis / Dr. English|
|1:20 PM||Orofacial Granulomatous / Dr. Bruce|
|1:40 PM||Cutaneous Crohn's / Dr. Schaffer|
|2:00 PM||Granuloma Annulare / Dr. Keimig|
|2:20 PM||Reactive Granulomatous Dermatitis / Dr. Rosenbach|
|2:50 PM||Question and Answers / All faculty|