Return to program book search
Tuesday, March 05
Palm Ballroom 3
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Brian L. Swick, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Nicole M. Burkemper, MD, FAAD
- Pedram Gerami, MD, FAAD
- M. Yadira Hurley, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Arni K. Kristjansson, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- 1. Recognize the importance of clinicopathologic correlation in dermatopathologic diagnosis.
- 2. Identify clinical and histopathologic findings that are useful in avoiding pitfalls in diagnostic dermatopathology.
- 3. Recognize the value and limitations of special stains and new techniques in evaluating skin specimens.
Five dermatopathologists will present challenging cases illustrative of important themes in diagnostic dermatopathology. There will be a detailed discussion of the diagnoses, with emphasis on helpful diagnostic clues as well as pitfalls. These presentations will allow attendees to experience diagnostic challenges as they presented originally, and to understand how solutions were reached. There will be an opportunity for questions and discussion following each presentation.