Return to program book search
Boards and Beyond
Saturday, March 02
10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Nazanin A. Saedi, MD, FAAD
- Danette D. Bentley, MD, FAAD
- Adam J. Friedman, MD, FAAD
- Thomas D. Horn, MD, FAAD
- Angela O. Kyei, MD, FAAD
- Jennifer Lucas, MD, FAAD
- Karolyn Wanat, MD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the structure, format, and process for the American Board of Dermatology examination from the perspective of ABD administrators as well as dermatologists who recently took the examination.
- Recognize the challenges of launching a career in dermatology.
- Differentiate between starting in private practice and starting in academics.
After spending years training, residents find themselves with major hurdles to pass before becoming dermatologists, including taking the board examination and deciding on a career path. This session will provide information about the structure, format, and process for the American Board of dermatology examination from the perspective of ABD administrators as well as dermatologists who recently took the examination. Additionally, successful dermatologists will share some challenges that they faced when starting their careers in academics and private practice. One of the speakers will also share advice pertinent upon completion of residency.
|Saturday, March 02|
|10:00 AM||Introduction / Dr. Saedi|
|10:05 AM||The Board Exam / Dr. Horn|
|10:25 AM||Q&A with Dr. Horn about the Board Exam / Dr. Horn|
|10:35 AM||Starting in Academics / Dr. Lucas|
|10:50 AM||Starting in Private Practice / Dr. Bentley|
|11:05 AM||Five Things I Wish I Knew When I Left Residency / Dr. Friedman|
|11:20 AM||Q&A with Drs. Bentley, Lucas, and Friedman / Dr. Friedman, Dr. Lucas, and Dr. Bentley|
|11:30 AM||Panel Discussion: Top Tips for Studying for the Boards from Recent Test Takers / Dr. Saedi, Dr. Friedman, Dr. Kyei, and Dr. Wanat|