Return to program book search
What's New and What's True in Lasers
Tuesday, March 05
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Christopher B. Zachary, MD
- R. Rox Anderson, MD, FAAD
- Mathew M. Avram, MD, FAAD
- Merete Haedersdal, MD, PhD - Handout
- Kristen Marie Kelly, MD, FAAD - Handout
- E. Victor Ross, Jr., MD, FAAD - Handout
- Paul Rudy, PhD
- Nazanin A. Saedi, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Nathan S. Uebelhoer, DO, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Describe the issues of bias and ignorance in laser surgery.
- Understand how industry is positioned to develop new technology.
- Evaluate the utility of traditional devices and compare them with some that are newer.
What's New and What's True in Lasers depends to a certain degree on one’s perspective. 'What's new' will include, in addition to bona fide new devices, examples of traditional ones used in new ways. 'What's true' will allow speakers to validate devices, old and new, with their particular spin. A long time ago, we remember a certain speaker being booed off the podium for making a statement about lasers the veracity of which is now recognized as being true. Sometimes in our ignorance, we miss the obvious. Several things are clear; we should constantly question statements made from the podium, but be open to game changing ideas. This session will encourage open debate where speakers and audience are empowered to share conflicting ideas.
|Tuesday, March 05|
|9:00 AM||Why Bias is Better than Ignorance! / Dr. Zachary|
|9:15 AM||50% of what I learned at Medical School is not true! / Dr. Anderson|
|9:30 AM||Can We Really Cure Port Wine Stains? / Dr. Kelly|
|9:45 AM||Body Contouring: What works, What doesn't! / Dr. Avram|
|10:00 AM||10 Old Devices I Still Love and Use Regularly! / Dr. Ross|
|10:15 AM||10 Hot New Devices: How do They Rate? / Dr. Saedi|
|10:30 AM||What's in the Candy Store? / Dr. Rudy|
|10:45 AM||Daylight PDT is the answer! / Dr. Haedersdal|
|11:00 AM||Scar Modulation in War Veterans: Bringing Them Home to a Better Life. / Dr. Uebelhoer|
|11:15 AM||Questions & Answers / All faculty|