Return to program book search
Advanced Medical Dermatology
Tuesday, March 05
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Kanade Shinkai, MD, PhD, FAAD - Handout
- April W. Armstrong, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Courtney Reynolds Schadt, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Jean Tang, MD, PhD, FAAD
- Ruth Ann Vleugels, MD, FAAD
- John Joseph Zone, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Define the association between neutrophilic dermatoses and connective tissue diseases, including systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Describe the cardiovascular risks associated with psoriasis and predict which patients are most at risk.
- Implement novel, effective medical treatment for advanced non-melanoma skin cancers such as basal cell carcinoma.
This session will focus on cutting-edge concepts in the pathogenesis, diagnosis and medical management of complex dermatologic disorders. Through discussion of cases and review of the literature, the speakers will present the most current updates on challenging dermatologic diseases including neutrophilic dermatoses, psoriasis, advanced skin cancer, and their treatment. Although this session will also cover exciting new information that is not yet published in the literature, the speakers will highlight practical approaches and algorithms to patient care that will be useful and relevant to attendees’ clinical practice.
- Inhibiting the hedgehog pathway in patients with the basal-cell nevus syndrome. N Engl J Med 2012 Jun 7;366(23):2180-8.
|Tuesday, March 05|
|9:00 AM||Update on autoimmune blistering disease / Dr. Zone|
|9:30 AM||Cardiovascular disease associations in psoriasis / Dr. Armstrong|
|10:00 AM||Management of calciphylaxis / Dr. Vleugels|
|10:30 AM||Osteoporosis prophylaxis in dermatology / Dr. Schadt|
|11:00 AM||Medical treatment of advanced basal cell carcinoma / Dr. Tang|
|11:30 AM||Neutrophilic dermatoses / Dr. Shinkai|