Return to program book search
Saturday, March 02
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Jean L. Bolognia, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Markus Braun-Falco, MD
- Harvey Lui, MD, FAAD
- Julie V. Schaffer, MD, FAAD
- Bruce Elliot Strober, MD, PhD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Summarize recently introduced treatments for both pediatric and adult dermatologic disorders
- Examine the use of photodynamic therapy for an increasing number of dermatologic diseases
- Describe new treatments for cutaneous melanoma, including inhibitors of BRAFV600E and MEK as well as immunotherapies
This session will focus on recent therapeutic advances, both for adults and for children. Over the past several years, there has been a significant increase in the number of systemic treatments for melanoma, from oral kinase inhibitors to immunotherapies. In addition, the number of targeted immunomodulators for psoriasis continues to grow. New applications for photodynamic therapy will be reviewed as will the group of auto-inflammatory disorders and their treatment with rilonacept and canakinumab.
- Topalian SL, et al. Safety, activity and immune correlates of anti-PD-1 antibody in cancer. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:2443-54.
- Leonardi C, et al. Anti-interleukin-17 monoclonal antibody ixekizumab in chronic plaque psoriasis. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:1190-99.
- Papp KA, et al. Brodalumab, an anti-interleukin-17-receptor antibody for psoriasis. N Engl J Med. 2012;366:1181-89.
|Saturday, March 02|
|9:00 AM||Introduction / Dr. Bolognia|
|9:05 AM||New drugs for the treatment of auto-inflammatory disorders / Dr. Braun-Falco|
|9:35 AM||Q & A / Dr. Braun-Falco|
|9:40 AM||New therapies for psoriasis - from brodalumab and ixekizumab to drugs in the pipeline / Dr. Strober|
|10:10 AM||Q & A / Dr. Strober|
|10:15 AM||Treatment of melanoma - from BRAF and MEK inhibitors to ipilimumab and anti-PD-1 antibody / Dr. Bolognia|
|10:45 AM||Q & A / Dr. Bolognia|
|10:50 AM||Update on photodynamic therapy / Dr. Lui|
|11:20 AM||Q & A / Dr. Lui|
|11:25 AM||Recent advances in the treatment of pediatric skin disorders / Dr. Schaffer|
|11:55 AM||Q & A / Dr. Schaffer|