Return to program book search
Clinical Issues in Medical Dermatology
Friday, March 01
Palm Ballroom 3
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Victoria P. Werth, MD, FAAD
- Kimberly A. Bohjanen, MD, FAAD
- Kevin D. Cooper, MD, FAAD
- Pascal Joly, MD, PhD
- Youn H. Kim, MD, FAAD
- Joseph Merola, MD, MSc
- John Joseph Zone, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize important developments in complex medical dermatology.
- Order appropriate monitoring and vaccinations in patients with complex medical dermatology.
- Formulate therapeutic strategies to manage complex medical dermatology diseases, including atopic dermatitis, CTCL, and autoimmune skin diseases.
Clinical and translational research is expanding therapeutic options for our complex medical dermatology diseases. Successful clinical trials require collaborative efforts, validated disease severity tools, and scientific studies. New therapies and approaches to developing and evaluating these therapies in atopic dermatitis, CTCL, and autoimmune skin diseases will be presented. The safe implementation and monitoring of new modes of treatment will be discussed, including the timing of vaccinations. New training and career pathways that are expanding the borders of medical dermatology will be presented.
- Zone JJ. Taking responsibility for complex medical dermatology patient management. Arch Dermatol 147:850, 2011.
- Furda L, Duran-Nelson A, Bornsztein B. How combined internal medicine-dermatology residency programs can improve patient and population health. Acad Med. 2011 Nov;86(11):e3.
- Chang AY, Werth VP. Treatment of cutaneous lupus. Curr Rheumatol Rep.13:300-7, 2011.
|Friday, March 01|
|2:00 PM||Increasingly complex medical dermatology / Dr. Zone|
|2:15 PM||New pathways in medical dermatology / Dr. Bohjanen|
|2:30 PM||Clinical Issues in Cutaneous T cell lymphoma / Dr. Kim|
|3:00 PM||Advances in Autoimmune Blistering Diseases / Dr. Joly|
|3:30 PM||Update in Monitoring and vaccinations in patients requiring systemic immunomodulation / Dr. Merola|
|4:00 PM||New developments in atopic dermatitis / Cooper|
|4:30 PM||Clinical issues in autoimmune skin diseases / Dr. Werth|