Return to program book search
Soft Tissue Augmentation
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Tuesday, March 05
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Heidi A. Waldorf, MD, FAAD
- Joel Lee Cohen, MD, FAAD
- Lisa M. Donofrio, MD, FAAD
- Rebecca L. Fitzgerald, MD, FAAD
- Hassan I. Galadari, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Brooke A. Jackson, MD, FAAD
- Stephen Howard Mandy, MD, FAAD
- Neil S. Sadick, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify the clinical characteristics and filling properties of available filling agents
- Design a realistic plan for soft tissue augmentation during a cosmetic consultation
- Predict outcomes to minimize risk and manage complications when they occur
This session will provide a detailed examination of soft tissue augmentation. Patient evaluation and aspects of a thorough consultation will be outlined. The scientific basis and best practices for use will be reviewed for each product category and for newly available injection tools. Special considerations for patient subgroups as well as avoiding and managing complications will be stressed. Both beginner and experienced injectors should leave with pearls to improve their practice.
- Carruthers J, Carruthers A, eds. Soft Tissue Augmentation. Elsevier Saunders 2012.
- Gilbert E, Hui A, Waldorf HA. The Basic Science of Dermal Fillers Past and Present. Part 1: Background and Mechanisms of Action. J Drugs Dermatol. 2012; 11 (9).
- Fitzgerald R, Vleggaar D.
Facial volume restoration of the aging face with poly-l-lactic acid.
Dermatol Ther. 2011 Jan-Feb;24(1):2-27
|Tuesday, March 05|
|2:00 PM||An anatomic approach to soft tissue augmentation of the face / Dr. Fitzgerald|
|2:20 PM||When is fat a better alternative to off the shelf fillers / Dr. Donofrio|
|2:40 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Fitzgerald and Dr. Donofrio|
|2:45 PM||Hyaluronic acid fillers: which one, where / Dr. Mandy|
|3:05 PM||A scientific approach to calcium hydroxyapatite / Dr. Jackson|
|3:25 PM||Best practices for Poly L Lactic Acid / Dr. Sadick|
|3:45 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Mandy, Dr. Sadick, and Dr. Jackson|
|3:50 PM||Fillers you don't have in the US but you should know / Dr. Galadari|
|4:10 PM||New tools for soft tissue augmentation / Dr. Waldorf|
|4:20 PM||Predicting, avoiding and managing filler complications / Dr. Cohen|
|4:40 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Waldorf, Dr. Galadari, and Dr. Cohen|