Return to program book search
Dermatologic Drug Safety and Efficacy
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Tuesday, March 05
9:00 AM - 12:00 PM
Jeffrey Phillip Callen, MD, FAAD
- David R. Bickers, MD, FAAD
- Lauren C. Hughey, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Mark Lebwohl, MD, FAAD
- David J. Margolis, MD, FAAD
- Cindy Owen, MD, FAAD
- Misha Rosenbach, MD, FAAD
- Peter C. M. Van de Kerkhof, MD
- John Joseph Zone, MD, FAAD - Handout
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Identify safety issues for systemic therapies routinely used to treat dermatologic disease
- Describe the efficacy of systemic drugs used to treat dermatologic disease
- Manage patients while on systemic therapies for dermatologic disease
Systemic drugs are often used to treat patients with skin disease. Inherent with their use are potential toxicities. This session will familiarize the attendee with the indications for use, the selection of the patient who is appropriate for their use, and the monitoring for toxicity that should be carried out for the patient during continued therapy.
- Callen JP (Guest Editor): Dermatologic Therapy, 25: i–iii. doi: 10.1111/j.1529-8019.2012.01445.x (March/April 2012).
- Wolverton SE: Comprehensive Dermatologic Drug Therapy. 3rd edition. Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2013 (in press).
- Lebwohl MG, Heymann WR, Berth-Jones J, Coulson I: Treatment of Skin Disease. 4th edition, Elsevier, Philadelphia, 2013 (in press).
|Tuesday, March 05|
|9:00 AM||Introduction / Dr. Callen|
|9:05 AM||Antimalarial agents / Dr. Rosenbach|
|9:25 AM||Tumor necrosis antagonists – are they really safe for long term use? / Dr. Lebwohl|
|9:45 AM||Rituximab / Dr. Zone|
|10:05 AM||Antibiotic safety in patients with Acne / Dr. Margolis|
|10:25 AM||Isotretinoin / Dr. Owen|
|10:45 AM||Methotrexate / Dr. Hughey|
|11:05 AM||Newer anti-psoriatic agents / Dr. Van de Kerkhof|
|11:25 AM||Vismodegib / Dr. Bickers|
|11:45 AM||Panel discussion – Q&A / All faculty|