Return to program book search
Tuition fee and ticket required for admission
Saturday, March 02
2:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Margaret A. Weiss, MD, FAAD
- Cheryl M. Burgess, MD, FAAD
- David Michael Duffy, MD, FAAD
- Mitchel Paul Goldman, MD, FAAD - Handout
- Margaret W. Mann, MD, FAAD
- Girish S. Munavalli, MD, MHS, FAAD
- Robert A. Weiss, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Recognize the anatomy and pathophysiology of superficial venous disease of the leg.
- Apply this information to better perform sclerotherapy.
- Minimize and treat complications from sclerotherapy.
Venous disease of the legs affects millions, many of whom seek symptomatic and/or cosmetic relief from their dermatologists. This session will cover the logical treatment of varicose and telangiectatic leg and non-leg veins. Important anatomy will be reviewed; treatment demonstrations by video will supplement lectures. The important advance of foamed sclerotherapy will be discussed and shown in video. Complications will be discussed. This session is intended to benefit the beginner but will include more advanced techniques to help the experienced.
- 1. Weiss M. Adding sclerotherapy to your practice. Dermatol Surg 2010 Jun;36 Suppl 2:1034-9
- 2. Weiss RA, Beasley KL, Weiss MA. Sclerotherapy and vein treatment. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2012.
- 3. Goldman MP, Guex JJ, Weiss RA. Sclerotherapy: treatment of varicose and telangiectatic leg veins. New York: Elsevier, 2011.
|Saturday, March 02|
|2:00 PM||Sclerosing Solutions Today / Dr. Munavalli|
|2:15 PM||Venous Anatomy You Must Know / Dr. Weiss|
|2:30 PM||Instructional Video: Patient Evaluation And Treatment / Dr. Weiss|
|2:55 PM||Sclerotherapy Pearls / Dr. Duffy|
|3:10 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Weiss, Dr. Duffy, and Dr. Munavalli|
|3:20 PM||Complications And How To Avoid Them / Dr. Goldman|
|3:50 PM||Considerations For Patients With Skin Of Color / Dr. Burgess|
|4:05 PM||Treatment Algorithm For Leg Veins / Dr. Mann|
|4:25 PM||Instructional Video: Sclerotherapy Of Ugly Chest And Hand Veins / Dr. Weiss|
|4:45 PM||Questions & Answers / Dr. Weiss, Dr. Goldman, Dr. Mann, and Dr. Weiss|