Return to program book search
What's Boiling Over: Atopic Dermatitis & Other Eczematous Conditions
Ticket required for admission, no tuition fee. Ticket holds seat for only 15 minutes after the official start time.
Saturday, August 18
3:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Peter A. Lio, MD, FAAD - Handout
- April W. Armstrong, MD, MPH, FAAD
- Jennifer S. Kim, MD - Handout
- Sheilagh M. Maguiness, MD, FAAD
Following this course, the attendee should be able to:
- Review the new NIAID food allergy guidelines and their relevance to AD care.
- Discuss the differential diagnosis and appropriate management of severe eczema.
- Recognize the appropriate use of systemic therapy and some alternative therapies in atopic dermatitis.
This forum will update the learner on advances in the diagnosis and management of patients with atopic dermatitis and related conditions. We will specifically address the significance of recently updated food allergy guidelines and how they relate to eczema patients, the unique challenges presented by patients with severe eczematous eruptions, the role of patch testing and contact allergy in atopic patients, and the appropriate use of systemic therapy. We will also briefly discuss alternative medicines in atopic dermatitis, including Traditional Chinese Medicine.
|Saturday, August 18|
|3:00 PM||Optimizing Topical Regimens: Updates and Pearls / Dr. Armstrong|
|3:25 PM||The Role of Allergy in Atopic Dermatitis / Dr. Kim|
|3:50 PM||Severe and Refractory Eczema: What Now? / Dr. Maguiness|
|4:15 PM||Alternative and Complementary Medicines in Eczema / Dr. Lio|
|4:40 PM||Summary and Questions / All faculty|