Designed specifically for dermatologists, the Leadership Forum is a highly interactive and enriching weekend that provides an opportunity to advance your leadership and communication skills while networking with colleagues and Academy leaders.
What you will learn
- Your Myers-Briggs personality style.
- Communication skills, including:
- Essential communication keys.
- Engaging openers.
- How to elicit audience participation.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Coaching and counseling to enhance staff performance.
- Change management and how to be flexible and adaptable.
How you will benefit
In addition, our sessions are led by the country’s best trainers. These highly engaging speakers are specialists in their fields and truly make learning come to life. Our speakers consistently average 4.5 out of 5 on participant evaluations.
- Gain insights into your own leadership style.
- Discover how to leverage your leadership strengths to become a stronger leader.
- Enhance your communication skills.
- Learn how to respond to unexpected changes in the moment.
- Learn how to minimize the negative energy of peer-to-peer conflict.
- Develop an action plan for getting involved following the Forum.
- Enjoy an invaluable peer-to-peer learning experience and networking opportunities.
The 2013 Leadership Forum is March 22-24 in Oak Brook, Ill. Participants receive hotel accommodations, meals, and all workshops during the Leadership Forum.
- Must be a member of the AAD in good standing.
- Must be eight years or less since completing residency/fellowship training or be under 40 years of age.
- Must have completed residency training in dermatology or a fellowship in a dermatology sub specialty (dermatopathology).
- Must not have attended a Leadership Forum in the past.
- Selected participants are required to pay a program fee* of $200.
- The application for the 2013 program is now closed. Additional information for the 2014 program will be available in spring 2013.
*Program fee: $200.
The fee includes all sessions and workshops, travel, lodging and on-site meals.
Please email Nikki Haton with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 240-1350.