The JAAD Editorial Mentorship program is designed for young physicians who are interested in developing critical appraisal and editorial skills.
Selected participants will be assigned a mentor. Under the supervision of this mentor, participants will have the opportunity to review a variety of manuscript submissions, including prospective studies, retrospective studies, surveys, reviews and letters.
- The program lasts one year, beginning and ending with the AAD Annual Meeting.
- Mentees review up to 12 manuscripts during the one-year program.
- Program participants are expected to complete an evaluation upon completion of the program.
- Must be a member of the AAD in good standing.
- Must be fewer than 10 years since completing residency/fellowship training.
- Must have the desire to learn and develop appraisal and editorial skills.
- Online application: Applications for 2014 are now closed. Applications for 2015 will open in September 2014.
- In addition to your completed application, you also must submit:
- One letter of recommendation from your ADLP mentor, residency program chair or program director.
- Executive curriculum vitae (limit of no more than three pages).
You can add both documents as part of your online application or you can send them to Linda Ayers via email at email@example.com.
Please email Linda Ayers with any questions at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (847) 240-1251.
"A lot of people have gone further than they thought they could because someone thought they could."