The American Academy of Dermatology's Diversity Task Force has chosen 28 medical students for the 2012 Diversity Medical Student Mentorship Program. The 2012 mentors are listed below.
Each student spends 160 hours, or one full month, working with his or her mentor. Program mentors are from a variety of backgrounds, including private practice, research, and academia. The program provides students with hands-on experience in dermatology, and aims to spark a lifetime interest in the specialty.
The Academy is looking for members to serve as volunteer mentors for the program. Students are free to choose their own mentors, and the Academy provides a list of members who have expressed interest specifically in the Diversity Medical Student Mentorship Program. If you are interested, please complete the online mentor profile.
- Andrew F. Alexis, MD, FAAD: New York, N.Y.
- Lionel Gordon Bercovitch, MD, FAAD: Providence, R.I.
- Gary J. Brauner, MD, FAAD: New York, N.Y.
- Katherine Kristine Brown, MD, FAAD: Chicago, Ill.
- Suephy C. Chen, MD, FAAD: Atlanta, Ga.
- Melvin W. Chiu, MD, FAAD: Santa Monica, Ca.
- Nneka I. Comfere, MD, FAAD: Rochester, Minn.
- Thomas G. Cropley, MD, FAAD: Charlottesville, Va.
- Emmy M. Graber, MD, FAAD: Boston, Mass.
- Angela Styron Hutcheson, MD, FAAD: Simpsonville, S.C.
- Sunil Kalia, MD: Vancouver, British Columbia
- Sancy A. Leachman, MD, PhD, FAAD: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Deepa Channaiah Lingam, MD, FAAD: Powell, Ohio
- Howard Ira Maibach, MD, FAAD: San Francisco, Calif.
- Alexander Meves, MD, FAAD: Rochester, Minn.
- Ronald L. Moy, MD, FAAD: Beverly Hills, Calif.
- Amy S. Paller, MD, FAAD: Chicago, Ill.
- Abrar A. Qureshi, MD, MPH, FAAD: Boston, Mass.
- Leslie Robinson-Bostom, MD, FAAD: Providence, R.I.
- Thomas E. Rohrer, MD, FAAD: Chestnut Hill, Mass.
- Miguel R. Sanchez, MD, FAAD: New York, N.Y.
- Marie Tuttle, MD, FAAD: Shaker Heights, Ohio
- Stephen K. Tyring, MD, PhD, FAAD: Webster, Texas
If you have any questions, email Nikki Haton at email@example.com or call (847) 240-1350.