The Academic Dermatology Leadership Program (ADLP) is designed to be an extremely comprehensive program that requires a full-year commitment. By applying for this program, you are agreeing to participate in all programs and activities as outlined below:
What you will learn
- Attend on-site meetings, including:
- A half day during the 2015 Annual Meeting in San Francisco, CA. on Sunday, March 22 from 3-5 p.m.
- The 2015 Leadership Forum* in Oak Brook, Ill., April 17-19 (arrival for ADLP participants on Thursday, April 16 for session at 8 a.m. Friday, April 17).
- A half day during the 2015 Summer Academy Meeting in New York, NY. on Friday, Aug. 21 from 1-5 p.m.
- Develop a relationship with the mentor you have selected to assist, advise, and guide you throughout the year.
How you will benefit
- The four main leadership styles, the behaviors associated with each one, and the effective and ineffective use of all four.
- Effective team and workgroup management through professional influence-building.
- Leadership styles and ways to successfully match them to team members' performance potential.
- Guidelines for maximizing your mentor relationships.
- Communication skills Including:
- Essential communication keys.
- Engaging openers.
- How to elicit audience participation.
- Conflict management and resolution.
- Coaching and counseling to enhance staff performance.
- Change management and how to be flexible and adaptable.
- Participate in sessions specifically designed to address the unique challenges and opportunities in academia.
- Understand your own leadership style and how to leverage your strengths.
- Learn how to enhance your personal influence to build effective relationships and work teams.
- Learn from an established mentor who shares your commitment to academia.
- Enjoy an invaluable peer-to-peer learning experience and networking opportunities.
In addition, our sessions are led by the country’s best trainers. These highly engaging speakers are specialists in their fields and truly make learning come to life.
Participants selected in the Academic Dermatology Leadership Program receive ADLP sessions at the 2015 Annual Meeting and Summer Academy Meeting, and hotel accommodations, meals, and all workshops during the Leadership Forum. Eligibility
- Must be a member of the AAD in good standing.
- Must have completed at least one year in post dermatology training.
- Must be devoting at least 75 percent of your professional time to academics and have a strong commitment to the field.
- Must be nine years or less since completing residency/fellowship training.
- Must have completed residency training in dermatology or a fellowship in a dermatology sub specialty (dermatopathology).
*Program fee: $250
Participants selected are required to pay a program fee of $250 for the Leadership Forum. The Academy covers the remaining costs for all sessions and workshops, travel, lodging, and on-site meals.
Please email Kathy Frale at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or call (847) 240-1241.