The American Academy of Dermatology’s (Academy) 2013 Summer Academy Meeting will be held in New York, July 31- August 4, 2013, at the New York Hilton Midtown. The 2013 Summer Academy Meeting features noted speakers who will present the latest scientific advancements in the diagnosis and medical, surgical and cosmetic treatment of skin, hair and nail conditions.
Advance Press Registration opens Wednesday, May 22.
To ensure speedy and efficient registration, you will need to follow these steps:
Deadline for advance press registration and housing is Monday, July 8, 2013.
Please note that you will need to provide the following:
- If you have attended an Academy meeting in the past, you must provide bylined samples of coverage from a previous Academy scientific meeting.
- If you have not attended an Academy meeting in the past, you must provide bylined samples of your coverage of the specialty of dermatology.
- If you are a freelance writer, you must present a letter of assignment on letterhead from the publication you have contracted with. You also must provide bylined samples of your coverage of the specialty of dermatology.
- All bylined samples must be in English.
Please review the Academy Press Guidelines, which can assist you with your registration and answer many questions about press attendance at the 2013 Summer Academy Meeting.
Check for “Press Credentials Approved” email.
Within 10 days of receipt, applications are reviewed. Notification of your registration status will be e-mailed to you.
Complete the registration process.
If your application is approved, you will receive an e-mail message that instructs you how to complete the registration process.
Make hotel reservations, if necessary.
The Academy Housing Bureau will accept your hotel reservation only after your registration application is approved.
Review the Press Office Location and Hours.
- Thursday, August 1 7 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Friday, August 2 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Pick up your press badge, which must be worn during the 2013 Summer Academy Meeting in Press Office located in the Bryant Suite, 2nd floor of the Hilton New York. Print out the page so you’ll know where and when to find us.
If you have any questions, please contact Rose Pasowicz at (847) 240-1743 or email@example.com