Goals and objectives
The purpose of this module is to help medical students develop a clinical approach to the evaluation and initial management of patients who present with stasis dermatitis and leg ulcers. After completing this module, the learner should be able to:
- Recognize the clinical presentation of stasis dermatitis.
- List treatment and preventive measures for stasis dermatitis.
- List the most frequent causes of leg ulcers and describe their presentations.
- Describe proper wound care and treatment of leg ulcers.
- Discuss when to refer a patient with leg ulcers to a specialist.
Download the module