Goals and objectives
The purpose of this module is to help medical students develop a clinical approach to the evaluation and initial management of pediatric patients who present with atopic dermatitis.
After completing this module, the learner should be able to:
- Identify and describe the morphology of atopic dermatitis.
- Recognize that superficial infections often complicate atopic dermatitis.
- Recommend an initial treatment plan for a child with atopic dermatitis.
- Provide patient/parent education about daily skin care for a child with atopic dermatitis.
- Determine when to refer to a patient with atopic dermatitis to a dermatologist.
Download the module