Goals and objectives
The purpose of this module is to help medical students develop a clinical approach to the evaluation and initial management of patients who present with suspicious lesions.
After completing this module, the learner should be able to:
- Identify and describe the morphology of actinic keratoses.
- Identify and describe the morphology of squamous cell carcinoma.
- Initiate appropriate workup for suspicious lesions.
- Recognize high-risk factors for development of squamous cell carcinoma, including organ transplant and immunosuppression.
- Refer patients with skin lesions suspicious for non-melanoma skin cancer to a dermatologist.
Download the module