The AAD is proud to announce that through a generous contribution from The Elsevier Foundation and the Skin Disease Education Foundation (SDEF), both of whom share with the AAD a commitment to continuing excellence in dermatology, the AAD has created an educational program called the Program for Innovative Continuing Medical Education in Dermatology (PICMED).
The program was established to facilitate dermatologists' continuing education through support and development of innovative continuing medical education programs. Proposals from individuals with a clear association to dermatologic organizations will be given preference; however, all proposals to develop innovative continuing medical education programs will be considered.
Applicants must demonstrate one of the following:
The ideal educational proposal identifies or narrows gaps in competency and/or practice through the following:
- Innovative uses of technology that engage the learner,
- Unique approaches to specific subject matter,
- Novel presentation techniques, and/or
- Utilization of existing educational paradigms in new environments.
Samples proposals may include, and are not limited to, the following:
- Performance Improvement CME
- Internet-Point of Care CME
- Live educational activities with innovative means of learner engagement
- Web or digitally based instructional tools and enduring materials
Documents to be submitted include:
- A written statement of the CME mission;
- Needs assessment;
- Learning objectives of the program;
- Planned evaluation methods for the program;
- Proposed program budget; and
- Identification of other sources of funding for proposed program.
Proposals should not exceed five pages, excluding references and supporting material. A completed application and bibliographic sketch of each applicant (up to two pages) must accompany each proposal.
The CME program proposals may include creative needs assessment mechanisms, innovative use of technology, unique approaches to specific subject matter, novel presentation techniques and use of existing educational paradigms in new environments.
Criteria for approval:
- Perceived value of the project to dermatologic education for practitioners;
- Practical and innovative use of continuing medical education; and
- Clarity and completeness of the program description.
Proposals to be funded will be reviewed by an appointed committee of the AAD’s Council on Education. The committee will then form a recommendation for final approval by the AAD’s Board of Directors. Proposals from individuals with a clear association to dermatologic organizations will be given preference. However, all proposals to develop innovative CME programs will be considered.
Description: Program for Innovative Continuing Medical Education in Dermatology (PICMED).
Notification date: TBA
Questions: Contact Meredith Rund.
Phone: (847) 240-1676
Nominate/apply: Access the application here.